Saturday, October 23, 2010

Catching up: July


Chase turns 19!! We had a birthday celebration and TRIED not to give him too many mission-related gifts. He requested non-mission items. But... he's leaving in a month and it's hard to know what ELSE to give him since he'll be spending the next 2 years as a missionary! Happy birthday, dear Chase!

Cliff also had a birthday this month. My husband is: generous, funny, absolutely dependable, honest, hard-working, loving, giving, strong, skilled, thoughtful, handsome and just plain wonderful. I am forever grateful that he asked me to his Senior Ball in 1984. I love my husband! Happy birthday, honey!

(Note the chocolate peanut butter cake that I made totally secretly!!! He thought I did nothing, but I fooled him! Unfortunately, the cake was a bit disappointing. It was a recipe I found online and it was not a "keeper". But the thought was what counted, right sweetie?)

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away I was roommates with some wonderful girls and friends with some wonderful people. I was lucky enough to meet with two of them in Monterey this month. Joey and Michelle are two of my very favorite people in the world. Fun to be with, honest, hard-working and wonderful. I love them both. Here we are in beautiful Monterey. Joey, Michelle and I spent the day in Monterey with our husbands, David, Sam and Cliff, accompanied by my friends' delightful daughters. It was a total pleasure.
.
Joey Sue is on
the left


































Michelle is on the right.
Me! Thanks to Michelle's Sam for taking a picture of me that I don't hate!

Monterey is one of my favorite places on earth. I think it is beautiful in any weather, but today was a totally gorgeous day. I took lots of photos, as is my wont in Monterey. Michelle's sweet husband Sam not only took all the photos above, but also took the photo below with the view of the wharf and the seals. Beautiful.




Finally, my Vicki came home from her mission. She's been my girl since she was a young woman in my ward and I was her YW president. She served an honorable mission and loved it. I'm glad to have her back and I'm especially glad she's made time to come and visit. Welcome home, Vicks!

No comments: