Saturday, October 23, 2010

Catching up: June


In June our stake did a Pioneer Trek. Almost every member of my family went--my mom and dad were in charge of the "vignettes", my husband went up as part of the medical team, my Allegra went up as part of the youth group and my Chase went up as part of the "Sweetwater rescue" team. It was a remarkable experience for everyone. I am so PROUD of my Allegra (here, in her Pioneer clothing that she would wear for the entire 3 day trek) for making it! And I'm proud of my son for being part of one of the spiritual highlights of the trek. And I'm proud of my parents for working so hard at those vignettes, which helped the kids understand a bit of what the Pioneers experienced. Here's a photo of Chase carrying his grandmother across the water during the "Sweetwater rescue". He carried his sister across also. So sweet!


The hair battles contine. Doesn't her hair look great? Rayne is in the midst of "doing" her hair. I think Allegra secretly loves it. Allegra turned 15 also this month. Can you believe she starts driver's training in 6 months? I am NOT looking forward to that. But she certainly is. And I gotta admit that not having to drive her to seminary next year is a very happy prospect. But I just can't imagine her behind the wheel of a car! I have a feeling that every age milestone of hers will come as a surprise to me. She is my little girl! My LAST little girl, as a matter of fact, the older "little girl" being all grown up now. I am not ready for the absence of sweet, young Allegra. Of course, I'm holding out hope that I'll like sweet, older Allegra just as much.
This month also Isaiah (who turned 12 last month and was ordained to the office of a Deacon) went to the temple for the first time to do baptisms for the dead. He was accompanied by his cousin James who was spending the week with us.

This month was also: Father's Day (below: hat by Allegra, pot given by Rayne and Chase)

And we went on a couple of day trips with Chase (spending lots of time with him before he leaves on the mission). This place has been around forever and they say you can get your hamburger any way you want. We liked it, but thought it wasn't above average and cost a little too much for a diner. We still had a good time together, though, as usual. We love our Chase!!

And my nephew Scott graduated from Junior High school! What I wanna know is, when did they start having graduation ceremonies from Junior High school? Promotion, yeah, but can it possibly count as graduation? Hm. Still, Scott won every single award except for one. I was sitting by his mom and she was getting a little embarrassed by his repeated returning to the podium. :) He's such a nice boy. I love my nephews!!

Finally, the most important thing we did in June was to go to the temple with Chase. That was a very sweet experience. I have always dreamed of being in the temple with my children. Chase is the first fulfillment of that dream. Here he is with his Grandfather and Grandmother.

No comments: